View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:49 PM
Mignonette
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Guilt, no not on Lucrezia's part. I think she feared growing up. The idea of Cesare, who had bedded many women over the years, seeing his younger sister maturing into a woman who sexually longed for him, probably terrified her - in a naturally insecure way that many people feel when they're in the presence of someone they love.

As for Neil Jordan, I think he definitely saw the incestuous love between Ces and Lu but for some weird reason, he was too fearful to bring it into the show at first. (I say "weird," because this is the same man who brought Interview With The Vampire to the screen, which NEVER held back upon sexuality )

I think he was conscious of audiences adjusting to it, and didn't want to delve straight into the taboo nature of incest immediately, for fear of driving some people away.
Yes! I've thought the same thing about Lu being insecure. Being married and with Paolo gave her some experience. The blond guy helped too.

She'd watched Ces have sex from his bedroom window, so she knew how confident and experienced he was. That must have been intimidating, plus knowing it was incest and not being certain how he would react when she thought of seducing him.

After they had sex, she was still insecure, because he kept pushing her away. She used Alf to provoke his jealousy to get him to show his love for her. When he kissed her so passionately on the ride to Rome from Naples, she was in heaven. Him showing his love for her in front of her husband and his men, pleased her enormously, because she had no shame or guilt about loving him. She would've happily shouted it to the world if she could've.

To her, he was her lover, the man she loved. That he was also her brother wasn't a factor; she was a woman lost in love. But for him, she was first his little sister and he was drowning in shame and guilt for making her his lover. He was desperately in love, but couldn't get over thinking he'd failed her by giving in to his lust. I love what Alex said about Lu turning this experienced man into acting like a virgin school boy around her after she showed up naked

I felt her anguish when he practically sprinted away from her the day after they had sex When Rodrigo asked if her wedding night brought her everything she could desire, she wanted to scream YES! She blushed & looked at Ces over Rodrigo's shoulder with a big smile on her face.

But he wasn't smiling! He was horrified by Rodrigo's comment. And then looking at her after Rodrigo walked away, you could see what he was thinking: "OMFG I ****** my little sister! I can't face her!". He always ran when he couldn't face her, didn't he?

Poor Lu Her smile changed to such sadness, she was barely holding back tears. She'd fallen desperately in love with her brother the night before and was so happy to see him. All she wanted was to be in his arms No woman wants to feel that the man she loves regrets making love to her! I can't watch that scene without my heart breaking for both of them

That's what I think too about NJ. He didn't want people thinking that he personally approved incest and was afraid of audience reaction. Coward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Lila! Aww, it's okay, I'm not a computer person either. I basically find avatars on Google. I hope you can get a custom avatar. I think there are people on FF who make them.

And I don't mind your long posts, Lila. Don't worry, I'll reply to them. I just fall behind sometimes because I'm moderating three boards. Let me repost all the posts from the previous thread:
Thanks Alex! I understand and it's ok that you post late. Besides my boyfriend, there's really no one else to discuss TB with like you guys. I appreciate you, Gwen, Arinna, and Linda so much for your posts and for keeping TB alive!

Last edited by Mignonette; 06-25-2018 at 05:10 PM