View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM
Ashes Fall
Extreme Fan

I'm reaching the end of the C/A fic rope but I found this one that I think you'll love Straws.

Walking in My Shoes

It's the Nicholas Cage film 'The Family Man' meets 'Double or Nothing'.

As the battle that immediately proceeded that NFA cliffhanger reaches it's climax Angel is transported to an alternate reality in which seasons 4 and 5 didn't happen and he's married to Cordelia with twin children.

It's a fantastically developed and characterized read that's literally got a little of everything; happiness, romance, passion, adorableness, heartbreak, angst, action and hope.

One of the most brilliant lines in the fic is one that had to be intended as a slap across Joss's face. It's a comment Cordelia makes after she and Angel finish watching the latest episode of her favorite TV show:

"They will just break them up. They always do that on these shows. They tempt you with a relationship and then some tragedy breaks them apart."

NOTE: Ignore the 'TBC's at the end of each chapter, I'm assuming the author was unable to remove them as they'd updated due to their being no option to edit content once uploaded.
It's a complete 35 chapter fic that's navigated using a drop-down list like FF.net.
At least I think it's complete, it ends in a bit of an abrupt place and there is no 'The End' but it's also the only chapter without a 'TBC'.
Overall the story wrapped up adequately enough.

they win"
- Stephen King