View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Liriel
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Our Roswell classic you can't beat the original!
Well, to be fair, the original was the Roswell High novels.

This really doesn't seem to have much resemblance to either, but hey, that's fine. Our show wasn't that close to the novels, and we liked it.

I'm unlikely to check out the new show - I just can't do the CW stuff anymore. Too many of the shows have everybody (eventually) dating everybody and break-up-get-back-together-break-up-again-ness until I can't even support the 'ship anymore. I liked it back when the original show was on, but tastes change. And the characters all being adults (rather than teens) would make it even more annoying if it went that route.

But I'm not going to hate on this one for being different than the original show when I didn't hate on the show for being different than the novels - it'd be hypocritical.

Quote:
I love Roswell, our version. But it's too much of a cult classic to think they would cast any of the original show for a loyalty bump from fans. We were hardcore, but still the show struggled and eventually was discarded because the ratings weren't there...

I think the show should rise or go, at least initially on the backs of the new cast before they think of bringing anyone from the original cast...
I agree. Let the show stand on it's own two feet. Maybe later they could have one of our casts guest star (maybe as a alien!) for a shoutout and fun for any old fans, but it needs to be about this new story if it's going to succeed. It's not tied to the old, so they need to fully commit to the new.

Though I will say if we actually had teens again, it'd be easier to use the old cast members in a way. Any one of them could totally be a teacher or mentor or aunt/uncle or whatnot. Or villain, I guess - actors often like playing villains.

EDIT: Isobel's relationship with her husband could be interesting. I will be kinda sad if it ends up M/L and M/M both, though, because I/A was my favorite on our show, and they'll be the only ones left out. But that's a no-go here, of course.

Last edited by Liriel; 06-21-2018 at 08:26 AM