View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:56 AM
Foxie
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Gwen

Quote:
I can't buy that as an excuse anymore. Adam playing a Villain doesn't discredit his acting any more than it discredited Heath Ledger's in TDK. Daisy was nominated for both Hero AND Performance at MTV. It's two-faced of people to say that Adam was a highlight of TLJ but then not bother to recognize him come awards season. I honestly would have voted for him if I'd known about TCAs. It flew under the radar to me

Well, I think Heath was an exception. Daisy being nominated for both Hero and Performance is something different. I didn't mean that people can't be nominated in more categories. What I meant was that the general audience sees villains differently than other characters. They like them even, but somehow they don't think of putting them in the best actor category when voting in these awards. It's a double standard, Brolin playing Thanos in Avengers would have deserved to be nominated too IMO, but he is the villain, so the villain category is all he gets. And I'm not exusing it, I hate it too. I wish people looked at all the characters the same, but they don't

And btw, these awards, especially when kids or teens are voting, have usually nothing to do with the actual acting. It's a popularity award. Adam not getting nominated has nothing to do with his acting, but with the fact that villains just aren't taken that seriously in those awards.

Quote:
I did briefly see Reylo fans voting 'Best Ship' a few weeks back Though I don't know how that will go, because the hype seemed to lessen a few days later

That's because they closed the nominations. The voting only took few days

Icon Credit