View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 09:16 AM
huntzmore
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Can anyone here imagine Jess living in Stars Hollow with Rory and not his baby? Jess always resented Stars Hollow and its residents, including his supposed love's own family. Jess is way too manipulative and selfish and angry for me to ever want Rory to be with him.
Jess is the type of person who needs to be with people of like mind. He has little respect for anyone else. I don't mean have the exact same opinion but those with the same interests and way of life. Yes, he grew to love Luke but no way would they be friends if Luke wasn't his father figure.

Jess is also a loner. He would not thrive in a place where everybody knows everybody and wants to know everything about everybody. He would not thrive in a place that values group participation in town halls and town events. And he's not the type to do things just because it's what makes others happy.

Sure he's helping his family in AYITL but he's not amongst them. He's still an outsider.

So no I don't see him thriving in Stars Hollow.

And him being the father figure for Rory's baby? Only if Rory allowed Jess to be the only father figure. Only if Rory didn't let any of the baby's other family be a part of their lives. And Rory doesn't have complete say over that. Especially if the baby is Logan's. He has the resources to make sure the child is part of his life. Can you imagine Jess respecting that? I can't. I imagine he would make everybody feel like ****. As always. Though Jess's role on the show is to cause conflict in the other relationship so this would cause plenty.

Imo, the reason I don't want Jess and Rory endgame (I mean besides the events of late season 3 making him a never again) is probably the reason others want them together. Jess tells Rory he knows her best and he tells her what to think and/or that her decisions suck and/or that she should be doing this or that. Jess doesn't get Rory to tell him her mind he tells her, her mind. That's mot a partner.

Jess also doesn't stick around to know Rory. They have never spent a lot of time together. They were blocked in s2 because of school and that she was dating Dean. Plus there were Lorelai issues. Rory wasn't around during the summer, then he was dating Shane and Rory Dean. Plus she had huge senior year at school responsibilities and he worked 80 hours a week. Then he ran away for a year. I really don't understand how people think Jess can know Rory so well. He can read people but that isn't some intimate soulmate bull**** a chunk of fans swears by. It's Jess's personality to read and judge people. The fact that he tells Rory he knows her and makes like how he sees things is the right way just doesn't set well. But especially after the events of late season 3.

Talking about the events of late season 3, certain fans going Jess was only 18 and it wasn't about sex but that he was sad-mad about school/life-as if either is an excuse. And the last part makes it worse imo. It wasn't about Jess wanting to be intimate with the girl he loves. It was about not wanting to deal with his issues. It was about him not wanting to deal Rory into his life but him being willing to forget it using sex. At best it was Jess using Rory the same way he used Shane. But she was willing and Rory needed more. And Jess turning consent back onto Rory. It's beyond vile imo.

And certain fans thinking Rory owed Jess more in season 4 and season 6 makes my blood boil. Jess ghosted Rory after he made her messed up about what she did or didn't do as a girlfriend. He ran away without having any real conversation with Rory. Then he sprung his feelings on her a year later. Then he asked her to run away with him because he knew it's what they both wanted. He so didn't Rory. He can never know Rory because he knew Rory and that is who Rory must be. Revival Jess didn't judge Rory but that was because she was already judging herself. He was used as a Jiminy Cricket conscience and not a real character.

Also, I need to vent, fanvids still use the scene in Kyle's bedroom to show an intimate moment between Rory and Jess. I know that isn't a complaint against Jess but it really boils my blood.