View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM
X Fool
Part-Time Fan

Sleepless

Repeated a number of times on BBC i seem to remember when at the height of popularity in the UK. Clever plot, good teaser with the Doctor dying in the hotel room when he imagines a fire in the room. Some powerful shocking imagery in some cases, X Files liked to remind us of Vietnam occasionally. The villain gets the sympathy vote and you even feel sorry for the man killed by firing squad. Scully winding right down now and Krycek makes his debut in the show. He could turn out to be a trusted friend......
Classic Mulder telling him literally nothing, kind of how he treated Scully for half an episode until i suppose she paased the test which Alex failed. Mr X basically knows everything and just needs Mulder to find out the solution for himself and uses Mulder to do his dirty work, he only gets involved if its for his benefit.
I really think they should have left the revelation of Krycek being in CSM's employ until at least the next episode, he is basically introduced but then betrays Mulder by the end. It could have been anyone else who made him come to the conclusion that Scully is becoming a problem that needed sorting.
So of course, they sorted it. Every problem.......
8/10