View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:17 AM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

We wouldn't do that to you

We could however focus on one colour scheme with some other colour highlights? I wouldn't recommend going with neon colours but we could still have brightness & colourful added to the colour scheme/atmosphere here without overpowering things & making it harsh on the eyes? Another thought could be going with neutral colours (brown/beige/tan or greys) with colourful highlights for the bars, links, buttons? That would make those areas really pop out from your background while still making things easy on the eyes. Or go colourful but with pastels instead of neon?

But the choice is up to you guys as its your board. I can't say I'm overly knowledgeable about the 80s, it was just before my time (not that I could tell you much about the 90s either actually ). The colour scheme should be one which you are all comfortable with, it doesn't necessarily have to match the theme of the board, it should be one which you'll be happy with & enjoy looking at each day/time you post here

Is there anything you'd love to see featured in the graphic? If you compare your graphic with the one on The 90s you'll see they've got quite a bit in theirs & cover a number of things which they felt represented their decade. While yours only has a smaller amount of things. Would you prefer to have more represented? Or do you like the more minimalist look you've got now? Is there anything in the graphic you feel should remain? Anything which should be removed? I was thinking things like Back to the Future, maybe Alf still? (I have no idea who that is, just that its who is in your graphic now), Pac-Man, Rubix's Cube, cassettes, & fashion somehow represented (legwarmers & sunglasses?)? They jump out to me as things which could represent anyway... What decade are those neon coloured bands/bracelets from (these & these)? I know I had them as a child but not sure if that was a 90s thing or carried on from the 80s? If they're 80s maybe that could be a way to represent neon without making it your colour scheme? If its 90s then sorry for suggesting it & my ignorance
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote