View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 06:31 AM
daggerrose
Extreme Fan

Yeah I'm scary fast lol. Although I've only watched two more episodes so far. So, it'll be more like a short story this time Haha don't tempt me to start the group watch!! I'm not allowing myself to start the show again for a while after I'm done (Let's see how long that lasts. I'm probably just gonna keep watching clips )

I can definitely see that Brian uses money to try and keep people around. I think season five is when he really started to freak out because everyone was moving on without him (or rather, he refused to move on with them). He's angry with Michael for being happy and married with Ben and even though that's what Justin wants, he won't do it. Even when he realizes there's a new hot young club boy taking over, he still won't give it up. And when Justin tells him that's what he wants, to get married, and Brian ignores him I don't think Justin would ever truly give up on him but there's also so much he can do. He's got to take care of himself first.

Quote:
what I don't get is why Brian didn't go to visit Justin. it's not that Justin knew about his plan, so why cancel it? that came somehow out of the blue for me..
That didn't make sense to me either!! But I think it was Brian already figuring Justin was going to leave him so he started pushing him away. So why go visit him if he was only going to leave? He wouldn't leave Brian, of course, but Brian let his own mind take control.

Quote:
I was glad when Linds finally saw what really was happening between everybody
Me too. It was the right thing to do and the three of them finally figured out what was really important, their child. After another round of fighting with each other, of course.

Loretta was definitely interesting but a weird character as well. It felt like she was a weird add on. Just randomly thrown in the mix. And then she was gone and Debbie was back at the diner doing what she loved. And also, Carl & Debbie were so cute. it's nice to finally see her getting her happy ending of sorts.

Hunter leaving was sad but I understand why he had to. And as hard as it was for both of them, I'm glad Ben and Michael let him go and at least gave him money and showed their support for him. Even though he's young should probably stay with his family. But I guess sometimes you need to go find yourself.

Brian having an STD-- part of me was just like "Anything else you want to throw at this man?!" but the other part was more like okay, Brian, I think it's time you realize you need to change things. Which is how Justin feels. But Brian, of course, refuses to listen to anything. I don't blame Justin for being frustrated at all. No matter how much you love someone, you can't wait around forever. But it's so sad seeing them fight and be strained.

Again, and seemingly as always, poor Ted. When he didn't want to go out with his puffy face, at least. Afterwards when he came back (and looked exactly the same ), I was happy for him. And then he started getting all the guys. And it wasn't because of his looks because he didn't change. It's because his attitude towards himself did and he was more confident. And that's what people were attracted to. I love when they were getting ready to see him and Brian was practicing his "Ted!! You look fabulous!!" I don't know about him getting revenge on the guy who had pity sex with him. Though he couldn't go through with it.

Emmett first gets criticized for being not queer enough and then he goes and does his underwear segment (no thanks to Brian who is always stirring up trouble) and gets criticized for being too queer. You can never win!!

Getting so close to the end ahhhh!!

EDIT:

I'm gonna to add my novel ( ) for the next few episodes here:

Brian and his bet with that guy--Jeez this is what I mean by losing his mind. It's like let it go, already. Let someone else take over and go move on with your life. But of course he can't. He challenges the guy, and of course he wins. (Getting on the plane just to have sex with the last guy on his list is funny but also insane and so very Brian lol). But it was interesting how after he'd won and he had the guy in his bed, he couldn't go through with it. He knows what and who he wants but he ignores it.

Brian and Justin--The whole scene where Justin tells him again what he wants and Brian outright tells him he won't give it to him breaks my heart. Justin leaves him and Brian doesn't even try to stop him. And Justin knows he won't either. But you know how much it affects Brian, especially after he goes to Michael's house while drunk and rants and raves and blames him for Justin leaving. What Michael said to him was really harsh but also really true. And confirms Brian's every fear about himself. What he said to Ted though, when Ted asked him how he was feeling, saying how his parents were horrible and screwed him up--he said it so calmly and matter of fact like he knows this is the cause of his problems and yet just accepts it.

That prop 14 thing pisses me off. I'm not sure if that actually happened at the time in the US? But regardless, how hateful and evil do people have to be?! It makes me angry. And to see how straight people acted towards gay people--I hate it. And then Justin's father, a supreme dk would rather have his son arrested than be on his side. And he blames him for his divorce? What an a**.

I love the scene where Michael and Ben are getting busy and the pro prop 14 people come to the door and they tell them off. That was great!!

Also Emmett and Drew are so cute and it's good on Drew that he decided to come out, as hard as it becomes for him afterwards.

What's with everyone's parents on this show being horrible people?! Lindsay's mother is also a horrible person, thinking that Lindsay could just be straight now. Like really?!

Lindsay and Melanie need to get their act together. They so clearly still love each other. But the bombing does bring them closer and make them both realise a lot of things.

Justin freaking out and being a little brat when he finds out his mother is dating a younger man also makes me laugh. I mean, I feel for him because it must be weird. But he needs to realise his mother is a person too haha. I love him being so snippy towards Tucker though haha.

The bombing--I am still in shock from that. Even knowing it was coming this time. I did not expect it at all the first time I watched it. The show really took a dark turn there and it was so scary to see, especially the aftermath. When everyone was trying to get out and find their loved ones. It's terrifying to realise how one thing that can end or save your life. If you're late getting somewhere, you saved yourself. If you're standing in a certain spot, you either saved yourself or were unlucky. I'm guessing the bomb was at/near the bar? Because that's where Michael was. And I didn't realise the first time I watched that Dusty was standing there too. And if Lindsay went in with her, she may have died too.

Brian running back into the club to find Justin and then Michael was one of the most heart-wrenching things ever. He didn't care about anything else in that moment, except making sure Justin was alive and okay. And then Michael too. No matter what, no matter how mad he was or how he felt, he was willing to give up anything to save Michael. That scene in the hospital was intense. And then of course, when he finally tells Justin that he loves him. It's a big moment. And it's hard to get the words out but he does it and it's everything Justin wants to hear and it's just such a perfect, sweet scene. The bombing scared him enough to make him realise a lot.

Whooo okay only three more episodes left and then I'll be really sad lol

Last edited by daggerrose; 06-06-2018 at 07:24 AM