View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Giotto
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Whoo all right, season five!! (AKA I'm gonna be really sad when I finish it )

I'm four episodes in. And like I said, sad because the end is coming closer!!

So, of course Brian regresses back to his party boy, not believing in love self the minute Justin is away from him. He is so afraid that Justin (or anyone) is going to leave him for good that he immediately pushes them away and acts like he doesn't need them so he won't ever get hurt. Ugh, Brian. Things would really be easier if he would let the stupid party boy image go and admit he loves Justin and wants to be with him. But instead, they have foursomes with other people lol. And you can tell it's wearing on Justin at this point. Brian's all "don't worry, we're not like them, we'll be like this together forever" and Justin wants more.
wow you are fast if you go on in that pace, you can join us in our groupwatch on saturday cause by then you should be at episode1-6 again

You are right.. Brians biggest fear is to get hurt by being left alone from everybody, and since Justin is in Hollywood and Michale has Ben and is starting to have a real home of his own, he tries to convince himslef more and more that it is better to be alone.. and the sentence , that he isn't enough reason for Justin to come back, shows us again how less he thinks of his own value to others.. maybe that is also the reason he always wanted to have a lot of money and works so hard for it. he thinks that money is the only reason why people spend time with him.. thats all they want from him, cause even his dad only showed him attention and a bit f love when he wanted money from him that someone just anted to be with him, because of the person he was, didn't get into his head.. and I can understand that Justin got tired of that in a way and wanted more of his partner, but I still don't think he would give up on Brian.. I mean he tlked some sense into him in season 4? why not doing it again there??

Quote:
It really sucks for Justin and Michael that Rage got scrapped. Because gay is too taboo and controversial. Which again, is just what the show itself did. It was ground-breaking and pushed the envelope and defied everyone. But it could have easily suffered Rage's fate and then none of us would be here. And also, I admire Justin so much. It would be so easy to take Brian's job offer but instead he insists he has to make it for himself.
we know that Justin wanted to be indiepbendent from the beginning on, that's what I don't get why Brian still thought he was with him not because of himslef but maybe the money or whatever Of course the job would be the easy way, and I would have gone it and it really sucked that Rage got canceled because of the topic.. I think nowadays it probably would have taken an other direction? who knows.. what I don't get is why Brian didn't go to visit Justin. it's not that Justin knew about his plan, so why cancel it? that came somehow out of the blue for me..
Quote:
I love Brian being over-dramatic in his own way about Babylon closing. (That scene where the cop comes in to break everything up and Brian asks him to let him "finish" ) Brian being over-dramatic is him saying things in a dry, almost monotone way. Michael is more screaming and craziness. And then Brian buys Babylon which is so fitting for him. He's just really unwilling to let it go. So naturally he takes control. His whole speech to Ted about being the most supreme queer who would never be like the Stepford ones is more him trying to convince himself that's what he still wants more than anything. Lol @ the part where he was making an ae of himself at Michael and Ben's house. It was funny because it's Brian but at the same time it's like "dude, shut up!!"
Yes, Brian worked hard to convince everybody that he was so cought in his clubboy life and especially himslelf.. that speach was exactly what you said.. it as to convince himself, but I had to laugh so much when Ted was so surprised and said he told him to buy a toy and not a whole playground that was kind of funny

Quote:
I love Emmett being the Queer guy on TV. Like it's so perfect and so Emmett!! Even though he got off to a bit of rocky start.
his carreer on TV was really great, till he got the truth shoved in his face.. even if Brian was a bit blunt about telling him that people don't really want to see the gay men in him, just a neutral figure, he got his eyes opened..

Quote:

And Ted!! He's truly gone through so many up and downs. And now with the blonde hair and the plastic surgery obsession. But like Emmett said, do what's going to make you happy with yourself.
Ted going all over the top unhappy with himself.. I guess it only showed that most of those plastic surgeries are just moneymaking mashines, cause the only thing that changed was Teddies hair and that not to his best.. but it pushed his ego for a while, so why not..

Quote:
The whole three-way custody battle thing is insane. As much as the three of them love their daughter, they aren't doing it because it's in their best interest. Each of them wants to win and one-up each other. And it's breaking up friendships and putting people against each other (even Brian who's helping Lindsay--which I think is cool. She always goes to him when she needs a friend and he goes to her too and is always willing to help her. They definitely have a special connection). But ultimately, I think they are crazy for doing it this way. Especially Lindsay revealing things about Michael and Melanie. Even though she was hesitant, she did it anyways.
That was totally crazy.. but it is how real life sadly most of the time goes.. you lose the important part somewhere on the road of a totally unneccessary fight and before you realise what you are really doing things get really ugly and friendships get on a proofing point.. I was glad when Linds finally saw what really was happening between everybody

Quote:

Hunter's situation really sucks. That girl's father is a huge dk for outing his HIV status like that. I mean, now the poor kid is going to have to deal with so much. ,
As crazy it was and as much sorry I felt for Hunter, this also is sadly how real life would happen.. people don't want to see beyond their safteyzone and for sure they mostly don't want to educate themselfes or want to be educated by others in themes that they are scared of..

Quote:

Loretta is an interesting character. I wasn't expecting to see Rosie O'Donnell pop up!! Good for Debbie for passing on the mantel (even if it was hard at first) and for teaching Loretta to be strong and stand up for herself. But also oops because she's in love with her now lol.

I think that's it for now
Loretta.. I don't know.. I didn't like her .. just can't tell you why.. maybe because she wanted to replace Debbie with all.. she didn't ant to be herself anymore, for a good reason, but to copy someone isn't the right thing to do.. I felt sorry for her when iI learned about er husband and her former life, but I was happy when she left again

so keep tem coming Addie

icon by Daggi