View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 AM
daggerrose
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I'm so sorry I've only scanned because I haven't had time to read all of the posts here. I'm going to make an effort to do that because I haven't seen dialogue this in-depth in a long time. I am so happy about it.
You can count on me for the novels haha

Let me add to it for the last three episodes:

Poor Brian. You can tell how much it bothers him to be told that he’s not 21 anymore and that he needs to take it easy. But he needs to listen for once. So of course he does the opposite. I felt bad when he tried to do the spin class and then had to leave halfway through. But I love how he always perserveres and never gives up, even if it’s just to prove to himself that he can do it. I admire him so much for that. Even during the ride when he was so hurt, he did not give up. (Even though he was an idiot for trying to show off in the first place). No matter how long it took, he did it and Michael was such a good friend for staying with him. When they finally made it across the finish line into the arms of their friends and lovers—so great.

And I also love how when Brian is riding alone he sees himself (maybe mocking him?) and Justin cheering him on.

I love love LOVE everything in Toronto. It’s so cool when it’s your city. And it made me laugh so much when they were all like “this bar looks ours!!” and “this street looks like our street!!” Hmm I wonder why haha. And it makes me so proud of Canada that same sex marriage was legal there. Which of course, it should be everywhere, no excuses.

Michael and Ben getting married warmed my heart. It was such a sweet scene!! I love that they got married, it’s what they deserved to have. One happy family. And when the officiant asks if there’s any objections and Debbie threatens Brian if he opens his mouth Although the border part really sucked for them because their marriage wasn’t recognized. Very unfair!! But it was so big and honourable of Debbie to say she won’t get married until her son can too.

Justin in LA—I love when he helps pitch the movie and he tells them that it’s real, it’s not sugar-coated, that’s the real experience of being gay. (Which I think just explains the show and what the show did). And then of course he’s all “butt ******* is really great and you should try it” or whatever he said I’m happy for him that he accepted the job BUT it happens just when Brian is changing and asks Justin to move in with him, something that Justin always wanted Something is always getting in their way.

Ted and Emmett are so sweet together, makes me sad that they didn’t get back together even though they were getting closer. But I also understand. And Emmett has Drew, however weird that relationship is right now. But they are still great friends and that scene where they have a meeting for Ted is so sweet.

Hunter and his girlfriend and the way her parents are so closed-minded and rude isnsad but unfortunately so very real. People don’t care to learn the facts, they just judge and write you off.

Lindsay and Melanie—they are honestly so good together but they really need to work their st out. And now with another baby it only complicates matters. But yay for Michael being a father.

I also really liked that final scene with Brian and Vic. In his dreams, Vic was helping him see things and work things out. I really think Brian changed and this season, after the cancer, was when he started to. And naming the center after Vic was so nice.

All right I think that’s it. On to season five!! What will I do when I finish?! Haha!!