View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Becca456
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Wow! Y'all really raced through it! It took my parents a very long time to watch the entire series with me and now they're considering starting it up again. We've only gotten through the first 6 episodes or so, so we'll see if they keep going. My Dad's favorite character is Paris, she always cracks him up and he really looks forward to her episodes. My mother was never a fan of any of Rory's boyfriends, so, I didn't have to fight her for anyone. She did ship Lorelai with Christopher () which got me frustrated but what can ya do? She loves the idea of the nuclear family. It's funny how you can get such a different reaction from an older or younger generation watching the same material.
A lot of sleepless nights were now trying to get back. My mom loves Paris too and loves Dean and liked Jess but couldn't really stand Logan because he reminded her of Christopher who she didn't think much of. I wish I could get my dad to watch GG but it's far from the kind of show he's into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Great that you got them to watch it with you! How come that she doesn't like the revival?

My mum liked the show, but they talked too fast for her, so she stopped somewhere during S1. My dad saw some episodes, but he just watched because he thought Lauren Graham was sexy...yeah nice to know dad :/
She didn't like how Rory turned out.

They talk too fast for both of us. I remembered some stuff but had the transcript on my phone so we didn't have to constantly rewind lol

Last edited by Talula78; 06-03-2018 at 08:45 AM Reason: double post