View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Talula78
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
I got my mom to start watching the show with me just a few weeks ago and were already almost done. She loves Luke although she thinks he can be a major idiot at times and calls him "the perfect man well close enough" lol and Rory is adorable especially during her days at Chilton and thinks she should have ended up with Jess. She also loves the townies. I wasn't sure she'd like the show but I'm glad we've been able to get through it. There were days we would watch more than half the season because she couldn't wait to see what happened. The revival has been a bit slower for her. I had to spoil some things to make her want to keep watching but she still thinks Luke and Lorelai are cute together and loves Kirk.
Wow! Y'all really raced through it! It took my parents a very long time to watch the entire series with me and now they're considering starting it up again. We've only gotten through the first 6 episodes or so, so we'll see if they keep going. My Dad's favorite character is Paris, she always cracks him up and he really looks forward to her episodes. My mother was never a fan of any of Rory's boyfriends, so, I didn't have to fight her for anyone. She did ship Lorelai with Christopher () which got me frustrated but what can ya do? She loves the idea of the nuclear family. It's funny how you can get such a different reaction from an older or younger generation watching the same material.