View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 05:48 PM
KatB
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Sometimes the best distraction is a show and as Marina said it can help a lot, might be the only good thing that's going on in our lives even, then you find yourself in characters and get tied even more. New Girl for me has been a great distraction as well. It wasn't always the puffy show like P&R, but it brought so much joy, happy tears as well. I like hearing such stories from NG fans.

I have an American friend whose brother passed away from cancer, unfortunately, RIP, and she asked me for comfort shows for him to watch while he was in chemo. One of the shows I suggested was NG of course, my friend already knew the show but wasn't an ardent watcher. She said the show helped her brother a lot too, he loved the guys, Nicky, Schmidty and Winnie, and Schmece too. He couldn't even see the caramel miracle (now this made me feel like crying) but I also told him that they will have a caramel miracle for sure. He had two little girls and he said I hope they have a daughter too

Doesn't we all just need an episode to get in good mood sometimes? NG is that special
I agree. For me, it's been a lot of shows. Depends on what was bothering me. When I would come home from a bad day at work, stressed out or upset, from my last job, I would watch Who's Line is it Anyway? It has always been able to make me laugh. Laughter is so healing, and helpful. If I am not feeling well, it used to be Friends or How I met your Mother, now it's The Big Bang Theory, mostly. New Girl is still on my short list though.

Btw, what does a puffy show mean? Parks and Recreation is puffy? I hope that's a good thing. Sorry to hear about your friend. Sadly that sick boy who liked The Flash died as well. At least The Flash was able to bring him some comfort in his final days.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote