View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:39 AM
Litlover73
Passionate Fan

I don't really care about the people that hate Jess loving Jack. It does bug me however that Jack gets all this adoration, yet he became an alcoholic and basically rubbished his wife's career. Adult Jess has too much strength of character to turn to the bottle and he would never in a million years criticise Rory's career....even when warranted. And, if we believe in Amy's full circle crap and Scott Pattersons take on things, he is about to help raise another mans child.

Yet Jack is a God and Jess is s jerk. That really irritates me.

It also bugs me when certain quarters refuse to acknowledge the growth we see. I just hate the narrow minded 'I hate him because he was a jerk when he was a messed up teenager' argument. He was bought in to shake things up for Luke and Rory, and I also feel like Amy had to make him so messed up in order to break Rory and Jess up. They had established the intellectual and physical connection between them and if would be totally unbelievable to just have them get sick of each other and break up. They had to make him a screw up.

And Jess matured, became successful in a career he loves, and has become a confidante to both Luke and Rory...all on his own....with nothing to his name...and without grandparents fortune or daddy's connections.

It infuriates me when people ignore all of that and only focus on his teenage mistakes .