View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM
daggerrose
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
I had a gut-feeling about George, too. It's usually when things are at their very best and you're feeling lots of joy... you're flying through euphoria.. is when something happens that brings you back down to earth. That's what happened here, and it's tragic that Emmett lost his love like that. After experiencing such an intense wave of happiness with George. 30,000 miles in the air, after such an intimate moment. Can only imagine what the pain was like. George was in his 80s, though, so I can understand why the writers tore them apart. Still sad, though.

Brian bottoming for Justin was such a surprise, really... and so random. I thought it was a move in the right direction, though, at deepening their relationship. Added bonus is that Brian looked like he was on cloud 9.

I agree about the situation with Ethan. As much as we all love Brian and Justin, it was great that Justin was given a chance to date someone closer to his age... because isn't that what most people want? For a young lad's youth to be preserved for a long as possible. But yes, Ethan was definitely a wildcard of sorts that was thrown in towards the end of season 2 to move things in a new, interesting direction. They were so hot together in the beginning, you really felt the passion between them in their first love scene. Even I was swooning.

Ben and Michael out in the hall was such an emotional scene. I always get a little lump in my throat every time I watch it. Michael was really torn up over Ben's medical situation. He really loves him and doesn't want anything to happen to him. When Brian offering his consolation in turn gave way to his revelation of what happened the night of Justin's bashing. Shows that Brian is still pretty affected by what happened. The hug was beautiful, and I felt so much emotion between the two characters. Great acting.

Justin as go-go dancer wasn't my favorite thing at all. I mean, he almost got raped on account of the SIMP... I mean SAP. So, so grimy. I felt dirty watching that entire story line. The SAP was taking advantage of Justin in one of the most deplorable of ways, and Brian knew this. Which is exactly why he did not approve of Justin working for him in order to make college payments. But you can't tell Justin anything, because he's determined to do whatever he sets out to. Besides, Justin had to learn for himself. Boy, did he ever!

I think it's a good thing that Ted and Emmet were exploring new aspects of their friendship, that morphed into a relationship. But I think Ted gave Emmett the creeps in the beginning. Because he kept following Emmett around, giving googly eyes, laughing at all his jokes... you know, just acting like a lovesick puppy. It was endearing to see, though.
Exactly. George would never work in the long run but it was so sweet and so sad to see Emmett put through it.

Brian bottoming wasn’t random per se to me. I was waiting for it to happen. Because then you know he really loves and trusts Justin.

Yes, that’s exactly it, the go-go think was slimy and icky. Like please Justin, don’t be an idiot. I’m glad he got out before something happened to him.