View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 07:38 AM
a little chaos
Fan Forum Hero

Here is where I stand on the Blake sibling debate...

I know there has been a lot of talk on whether their relationship is toxic or not, I personally think it is toxic. It certainly isn't healthy. I get that many people relate to their relationship in ways, cause I relate to it in ways, but the ways I relate to it is all from Bellamy's side, I am loyal and protective over my siblings, just as Bellamy is over Octavia. So I do understand people saying they relate in that way. Here is where it gets tricky, people are trying to condone Octavia's actions by saying they have siblings and they understand it, but that can't possibly be completely true, Octavia has been physically and emotionally abusive toward Bellamy, dress it up whatever way you want, that is domestic violence. That is not "siblings being siblings", I get the story world they live in is way more intensified than our world, and I do put that into account, but if you take a look at Damon and Stefan, both from a supernatural story world, have had a pretty unhealthy relationship at times, but what makes them different to The Blakes is that their relationship is far more balanced, whereas with Bellamy and Octavia its been so one sided for such a long time, so unless Bellamy starts standing up for himself, I fear this relationship can never be saved.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚