View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I’ve already posted in depth before about why I no longer take issue with Maria in season 3 or find it OOC, so I won’t go into it again. I do still understand the frustration, but I empathize with her more now that I’m an adult.

I know what you mean but I find it hard to look back on that season and not wonder what the hell the writers were thinking.

I completely understand Maria feeling the need to ~find herself~ (it's only human), but the simple fact is that Michael had stayed on planet Earth for her. He gave up his biggest dream (finding his home planet) because he realized that Maria was his home. To go from this big development, to the way that their relationship falls in Season 3... It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have no issue with throwing drama into a relationship but I think they did it quite carelessly. Michael was finally being completely open with her, and then she shuts herself off from him and his world. Even more awkwardly, she's still hanging out with the group afterwards, so I don't think the writers knew how to handle it, really.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen