View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 AM
SojournHeart11
Fan Forum Hero

All good points, Aggie.

1. About Brian and his father: It says a lot that when Brian first found out about his father's passing, he didn't shed a tear immediately. He was very composed... at least that's how he presented himself to his friends, when in fact he may have been dying on the inside over the relationship they never got to have. I mean, everybody grieves differently, but it was definitely slow, agonizing burn for him. Then at the end of episode 1.19, he finally broke down in Michael's arms.

2. Ted is the type of person to develop feelings very quickly. If he falls in love, he falls hard. I agree that he really did let those feelings cloud his sensibilities about Blake's addiction. His emotions did overcome his thought process because he was that much in love with Blake. Blake was probably his first real love. Blake is everything he wanted, but it wasn't without consequence. I'm glad they were able to finish where they last left off... which before wasn't looking so good.

3.I'm glad Emmett woke up from that see-the-light manipulation. If that "light" in question is blinding you from how you see yourself, it's not a good light at all.

Although I did like how the leader in the group kept saying, "Can you stand it?" Like, yes, dude, I can.

4.David was much too controlling. He treated Michael as if he was some sort of trophy wife... or even a child. Like any other pairing, they both had their good moments and their bad moments. I must say, though, they're my least favorite couple.

5.Melanie and Lindsay needed that time apart. Around the middle of season 1, the tension was so thick, and you could really feel how unhappy they both were with that situation. I think it's interesting that even after Melanie had cheated with Rita on Lindsay, Lindsay wasn't so quick to throw her out of the house. No, but it was Melanie who wanted to leave because she felt pretty disgraced. Rightfully so, I mean... she had cheated after all.

6. The prom was all sort of mixed feelings. On one hand it was glorious and almost dreamlike how Brian sorta just flows into the prom ready to sweep Justin off his feet with the ultimate and most romantic prom dance imaginable... on the other hand, it's devastating how it ended. And we ALL know how it ended. First time I watched this, it felt like the wind had been knocked out of me.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige