View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM
PrincipessaBella
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Trailers are just that trailers. We'll know more in July when there is the next big Fall event where we will have more information, as shows begin taping. And there is actual footage... In Roswell case we'll have to wait for at least February or January since there is no Olympics next year.

Time will tell how much resources it will get. But in it's favor regardless of ratings is that three shows will be leaving the air. So at least three slots opening up. So either they pick up a lot more shows next year. Or they keep some of the shows on the air...

Since it's a midseason show, unless it does truly terrible. It will likely get a second shot!

What hurt Life Sentence was not that it did so terrible in the ratings. It is that it was so different from what is currently on the CW. Roswell, New Mexico despite it's horrible name. It will have powers, and hot people. It will be similar to several other shows...

In the Dark and All American or whatever that show is called is the "off brand" type of show, so it will be interesting to see how people respond.

Charmed also had a backlash over it's rebooting, so it's not surprising people are responding negatively. But the true test is in September.

Given I hated what Charmed eventually became. I might give it a shot, but I haven't completely made up my mind. We'll see.
There were a couple brief glimpses of Roswell, NM in the extended sizzle reel that The CW put out. I wasn't impressed by those few seconds though.

I'm sure that even if Charmed does horribly, it will somehow survive all odds since it's a CBS show. There's also a decent chance that All American and In the Dark become like JTV and CExG and are the underperforming, but critical darlings.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-17-2018 at 02:14 PM