View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 11:48 PM
Hero of Time
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new pic, I love it . I can't wait to see them working together .

Quote:
She's the Queen.

Summer blockbusters are like buses, aren't they? You wait for ages for one and then they all come at once.

Yes, mere moments after Avengers: Infinity War – which we still haven't caught our breath from – it's almost time for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

The sequel's director Peyton Reed has been teasing fans with what they can expect from Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) and his new partner Wasp (Evangeline Lilly) – and it sounds, uh, fractious.

Speaking to ComicBook.com about Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne's relationship, Reed explained that much of Ant-Man and the Wasp will be focused on Hope and her struggle with wanting, or even needing, a partner as she completes her journey to becoming Wasp.

"It really is about whether these two people can come together and work together as heroes, and also as people," he said, adding that the premise of their friction is 'really fun'.

"I think for Hope particularly, the question is out there: 'Do I need this guy in my life? I'm a fully formed hero in my own right, do I need a partner?'"

Praising Evangeline's portrayal of a classic, and "complicated", superhero, Reed continued: "Evangeline is so good as Wasp. You know, it's Hope van Dyne, and she's a really, really complicated character, and she's a really good counterbalance to Paul.

"It was very important to me in a movie called Ant-Man and the Wasp that she's not a supporting character. She's a lead character."

Reassuring fans that Ant-Man and the Wasp will have perhaps more of a Wonder Woman vibe than Wonder Woman itself, he added: "His story is really about both of them, and in some ways more about her."

We're glad to see the MCU is finally getting the girl power memo.
The Wasp isn't sure she needs Ant-Man, says director Peyton Reed

Last edited by Hero of Time; 05-17-2018 at 12:07 AM