View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:25 PM
X Fool
Part-Time Fan

DPO s3 ep3
Haven't seen this for 20y+. Phoebe's brother and Jack Black excellent. Classic 'Monster of the Week' ep, apparently on the notice board to do list since s1 under the heading 'Lightning boy'. Mulder & Scully at their 'still surprised by anything, sceptical but prepared to believe' best.
A classic plot where the locals don't believe to the point of putting everyone at risk, only Mulder sticks to his guns. No real plot twists as we kind of know from the beginning who dunnit and why and how, these episodes work because it just waits for M/S to work it out and how many steps they are behind until the climax. Another episode ends with the villain locked up for a potential sequel. Am i right that only Robert Modell got his sequel? After Eugene obviously....... Surely Darin could have been used again.
The teaser is one of the series best. The scene where he kills Zero is visually stunning and not dated.
I remember this being one of the first i ever watched and it definitely still holds up. True X-Files classic.