View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM
PrincipessaBella
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvineverettwa (View Post)
A friend of mine said that it was more like babysitter Jody her annoying annoying foster daughter. He said he hated the girl they focused on. That Hope spin-off is apparently gonna be like Xmen with a school for freaks. A coming of age story so that could be paired well with Riverdale or that new football show from Berlanti. I'm liking the sound of Charmed though. They say it's gonna be darker with the mother getting killed in the pilot.
It was more than that. Yes one of the characters was pretty annoying, but she wasn't their only focus. The other girls made things very interesting and brought in a different dynamic. It would have worked perfectly on the network and would have given them everything they're looking for: a known brand, female driven badassery, and a diverse cast. Which is EXACTLY why they rebooted Charmed (and to a lesser extent, re-imagined Roswell). Also, Legacies is just another excuse to beat the dead horse that is TVD and TO, which I'm thinking they regret cancelling now because they can't seem to quit it. Wayward isn't a show for everyone and that's ok, neither are the shows they did pick up. It's just frustrating for a lot of people and difficult to understand their reasoning. That article that was linked above hits the nail right on the head about the whole thing and explains it in exactly the same way I'm trying to.

As for Supernatural, that show started before the WB folded and it managed to survive under Ostroff's reign even after her various attempts to kill it. Here we are, about to end season 13 and it's still going strong. I think its ability to survive all sorts of odds is what made the CW slowly start turning into a more genre oriented lineup. That's why I'm not sure why they opted to pick up All American (the football drama), that show is going to be the lone wolf on the network and chances are it won't survive very long, even with the pedigree of Greg Berlanti.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 05-15-2018 at 09:34 PM