View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 06:12 AM
jaquen7
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
At times Brandon dressed older but at times he dressed that suited his age group
About sums it up for everyone.

Except David. They seemed to dress him pretty young the entire series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Kelly got almost frumpier than Andrea has ever been in later seasons. I think they dressed her more maturely than they ever dressed Jackie.
HAHA! So true. I don't get it. She's such a hot woman. I wonder if that was wardrobe, or if JG had some insecurity about her body back then.

Quote:
i am not sure they all blended well together. To me, Gabrielle and Luke always looked older than the others. Just put them next to Brian. It might not have been that much of obvious with the other cast members though. Ian did not stand out too much to me - maybe because his character was so immature, while Gabrielle's and Luke's, that is, Andrea and Dylan acted so much more mature than their age.
Brian looked like a baby next to almost everyone though. When I say they "blended" I didn't mean everyone looked the same age. I meant that the cast had a wide spectrum, from Brian to Gabby, and everyone had someone close in age. So nobody was "alone" in any age group. They were blended, vs uniform. It would've been odd if the whole cast was 17-20 and then one random person was 29. Gabby/Ian/Luke, Jennie/Shannen, Tori/Brian, those pairs/groups all grouped well together, age wise, which blended out the cast. I think the person who blended the best with everyone was Jason. He didn't look too old/young next to anyone, at least to me.

Ian got cracks from people about his appearance, especially when it became obvious he was thinning. They didn't do that dude any favors with some of that 40 year old dad, cheesy clothing. But yep, the thing Ian always had, that Gabby, Luke and frankly even Jason didn't have, was he always, always played Steve appropriately young. He never lost that spark, and that made him pass better, even though he was the second oldest.

Quote:
I agree that dressing Andrea the way she was dressed had more to do with the stereotype of the nerdy girl than with Gabrielle's actual age. That being said, they did not do her any favor in covering her age, because in the early seasons they dressed her as a teacher or a parent more than a student.
I actually think, for all the fashion faux pas, she was pretty passable for season 1 and 2. She looks really young in the pilot, they all do. It was in season 3, when they changed her glasses, cut her hair, and started putting her in a lot of blazers, that it became really obvious that she was much older than high school.

I do think they tried to correct that in early season 4, before Gabby started showing, and during season 5. Her wardrobe got younger.

Last edited by jaquen7; 05-15-2018 at 06:27 AM