View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

Skins US was such a mess... I mean, let's be frank here only Britne Oldford was a talented actress, I thought Camille Cresencia-Mills and Danny Flaherty did well enough and Rachel Thevenard looked great and improved with each episode but the rest were just so bloody hopeless. I can't believe that Sofia Black-D'Elia is still out there scoring roles. Again I thought that the problem was that European and U.S. youth culture can't really be transferred 1:1 ... so all the episodes where they didn't make any changes really tanked in my opinion. There were some cute scenes and some things I liked but those were usually things where they really diverted from the UK version.

For me it's fun to see all three versions as I went to school in all three countries at some point between ages 15 and 18. So, yeah... anyway. I mean watching it all in such close succession now shows you the nuances I guess.

No, haven't heard of THOROUGHBREDS, will have to search for the trailer asap! Thanks for the suggestion.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").