View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:31 AM
eternalfate
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Well, there's no need to feign confusion over this. Joss and Marti were trying to turn the show into something else entirely in the College years, and using Willow's character to do it. They were trying to force the acceptance of lesbianism onto us. Simple as that. No need to beat around the bush.

They went too far, in my opinion. It was made clear from the beginning that Willow's attraction to Tara had nothing to do with the fact that she was female. They had the loneliness and the witchcraft in common. Willow was completely lost after the Oz devastation. He left a huge void. No-one can ever tell me that their love wasn't real.

I have nothing against a show needing to branch out and cover relevant social topics and mature their characters. That said, I prefer the simpler times for Willow's character when she was in love with Oz and another werewolf wasn't around the corner ready to snatch him up (god, I hated Veruca)
Pretty much and the thing is that it wasn't bad that Willow fell in love with Tara but turning her completely lesbian and acting like Willow being with guys was the worst thing was the issue for me.

You are really telling me just because she was with Tara, any attraction she had to guys faded? I felt that storyline ONLY would have worked if during the first 3 seasons we actually saw Willow struggle with her sexuality and trying to fit into relationships with guys but something always felt off to her. That was not the case. Willow was very much crushing pretty hardly on Xander for a lot of her early years and Oz is the one she loved deeply.

Willow took Oz leaving pretty hard and her heart was hurt over it. She was depressed and felt no one cared about what she was going through which is than when she met Tara and right when she met Tara, her feelings for Oz didn't fade away because they were connecting through their magical connection but for the first few episodes Willow was only pretty much thinking about Oz.

Willow did NOT fall in love at first sight with Tara, it took her some time because she was still recovering from Oz and I think she loved who Tara was as a person and she loved the witchcraft connection that they had and it's how she slowly truly fell in love with her. It had nothing to do with Tara being a woman. Which is why I dislike how after Tara, Willow is suddenly full on lesbian.... it didn't make much sense.