View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 03:02 AM
karma_nirvami
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liability (View Post)
I especially love Luna's little speech during Dobby's funeral, and how Harry felt like he didn't have to say anything else because Luna had said it all.

Quote:
10. When Dobby died, Luna reached out and closed his eyes. It was a kind and gentle thing to do, showing such respect for the house elf who saved them all. ‘There,’ she said softly. ‘Now he could be sleeping.’ If that moment didn’t make you cry, nothing will…

11. Luna put sea lavender in a jam jar on Dobby’s grave. In a world where house-elves are often overlooked, it was a telling kindness [...]

Source: The kindness of Luna Lovegood

Quote:
[...] He [Harry] forced himself not to break down as he remembered Dumbledore's funeral, and the rows and rows of golden chairs, and the Minister for Magic in the front row, the recitation of Dumbledore's achievements, the stateliness of the white marble tomb. He felt that Dobby deserved just as grand a funeral, and yet here the elf lay bewteen bushes in a roughly dug hole.

'I think we ought to say something', pipped up Luna. 'I'll go first, shall I?

And as everybody looked at her, she addressed the dead elf at the bottom of the grave.

'Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. It's so unfair that you had to die, when you were so good and brave. I'll always remember what you did for us. I hope you're happy now.'

-- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Hardcover (Bloomsbury) UK, p. 388 [...]

UGH. I didn't need my heart anyway!

- William Butler Yeats