View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:18 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Louis Arthur Charles is the new royal baby name! Nice one.

Yes, we still call her the Queen of England, even though she's Queen of the UK. Lazy Americans, we just don't change things easily (since the 1700s).

I thought everybody knew munster cheese but maybe not. It's a mild cheese that is usually orange around the edge (which you would think I might have noticed). Surprisingly, the lasagna was just about as delicious as it usually is - big PHEW! I was afraid it was going to taste all different and strange. Might have if I'd used a strong tasting cheese like Swiss by mistake. Yep, us old folks have to be doubly careful cooking. I baked chocolate chip cookies with MLette the other day and was puzzling and puzzling with the math, how to combine a 1/4 cup of Crisco with a stick of margarine and how much butter. to equal 2 sticks (or 1 cup)... Not good at math in general, but usually very good at math involved in baking!

Charlotte was sooo cute, doing a wee little Royal Wave to everyone. She looks so much like her great-grand The Queen.

Oh I always assumed munster cheese came from Munster, Germany but one of my Swiss friends on FB set me straight - it's from the Alsace region of France, but brought to America by German immigrants so I think basically it's an American type of cheese (which is why you all haven't heard of it - or maybe just not as popular as Swiss and Cheddar etc). I like it because it's not as salty as some other cheeses and melts very nicely in sandwiches. And that's more than anyone needs to know about munster cheese!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan