View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:35 AM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
thank you for that , i still didnt understand that change .
You're welcome. I still think that it's terribly unfair to Hank and Janet that the first time an Ant-Man/Wasp movie is made, it's not gonna be about them. It's gonna be about Scott Lang and this Hope character who isn't even in the comics. It's unfair that 50 years of Hank and Janet's storyline has been stripped from them and appropriated by other characters like some garage sale auction, whether it's Hawkeye and Black Widow taking their place as founding Avengers, or Tony Stark created Ultron, or Scott Lang becoming Giant-Man, or this non-existent Hope character taking Janet's rightful place as The Wasp, and all just for some British guy who made Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead and only ended up quitting the Ant-Man movie because he didn't want to make an MCU movie. Well, no duh. If his movie wasn't supposed to be an MCU movie then why alter the entire MCU just to accommodate him? This was supposed to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not the Edgar Wright Cinematic Universe.

I just want 2018 to be over and done with and for Avengers 4 to come and go, and for Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily's contracts to finally expire so they can leave already. I'm really hoping that when the time comes for Marvel Studios to incorporate the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU and recast all the characters who were played by actors who are leaving their roles - Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. - that Marvel reboots or retcons the MCU with some type of time/space event(maybe using the Infinity Gems) to bring young Hank and Janet into the present day so they can take their rightful place in the Avengers movies where they belong. It's just a shame that the MCU had to get screwed up so much in the first place because of Edgar Wright.