View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Little_Stewie
Master Fan

I agree.

Plus, a lot of books/articles about child and teen actors stress the point that these people miss what we have all experienced: a youth where they collected certain experiences, made mistakes, and matured as people. These actors/actresses skipped all that and proceeded straight into an 'adult-like' work rhythm. They act professionally, and they certainly are. But inside, there remains a void that apparently keeps on growing. This insecurity makes them vulnerable and susceptible to manipulation. What's disgusting is that people like this cult leader prey on these poor, insecure souls. There are other, similar organizations in Hollywood, especially. But I don't want to start a broader discussion. That said, I never thought AM would be the one I'd read such headlines about. She always came across as well-balanced. But surfaces are deceiving, I guess.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.