View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:23 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

And what I heard from Kevin Feige is that roles will be recast. He said that because these characters are ageless in the comics they will be so in the MCU. I understand what you're trying to say, but I do not agree. I feel as strongly about this as you feel about Cable and X-Force. I'm not gonna wait until I'm in my 60's to see Marvel make a legitimate Avengers movie which cannot happen until Hank and Janet are in the Avengers alongside their teammates. And the Marvel writers are not gonna wait that long to put Hank and Janet back in the Avengers comics.

I know you're gonna say that Hank and Janet returning to the comics is not dependent on them being made young, present day Avengers in the MCU, sum1, I just think the logic in that argument fails. If that were true, then why was it even necessary to remove them from the Avengers in the comics in the first place? Why was it necessary to fuse Hank with Ultron, conveniently getting him out of the way, and to introduce this "Nadia" character who came out of nowhere and takes over the role of The Wasp as Janet is pushed to the sideline? The Avengers already have a Wasp, why create a new one? Why bring Scott Lang back from the dead as Ant-Man again? And is it really coincidental that this happens as soon as Age of Ultron and Ant-Man come out in the MCU? Do you really think that any of this was done for any reason other than to accommodate and promote the MCU, by rearranging the Marvel Comics universe unnecessarily? And I'm sorry, but the Wasp that move audiences should remember 50 years from now is Janet, not some non-existent Hope character played by the woman from Lost.

And if they're willing to do that, then how are Hank and Janet ever going to make it back into the Avengers comics as long as Scott and Hope exist in the MCU? God forbid they confuse the ignorant masses with a young Hank and Janet in the Avengers comics but an old Hank and Janet in the MCU who were never in the Avengers. And God forbid they respect 50 years of comic book history over their desire to accommodate one overrated Englishman named Edgar Wright. I'm sorry, sum1, but that is unacceptable. I know you're gonna argue with me about this, and you can to your heart's content. But unless you can produce some crystal ball that can see the future, I'll consider my opinion just as valid if not more so than yours.

Oh, and one more thing... if I turn out to be right, the "I told you so's" will be ruthless and unrelenting.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-15-2018 at 04:31 PM