View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:02 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

keepsmiling I'm sorry Jay isn't doing well; I didn't realize he was a geologist, what an interesting job (I love rocks). I hope he rallies and can work some more. Such a difficult illness and I'm sorry you all are going through this with him.

Podmom oh, no, you got the flu! Hope the kids avoided it. Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was sort of a whirlwind birthday week, with it also being Passover.

The second buyer of the condo flew down to look at it and decided he didn't want it either. No sale. Now all the snowbirds have flown home, the 'season' is over, and I don't think it will sell over the summer, but we'll see (IF summer ever comes!

It's still so cold up here - well today it's 60s but in a few days, it will be 30s again!) There are no leaves on the trees yet, the spring flowers are just coming up. Spring is so late in coming. There's a place in ?Maine called "Cold Spring Harbor" - that's what we're having, a Cold Spring.

Also accepting that Dad's financial stuff is not going to be sorted out quickly at all. We finally got the big check we were waiting for and financial lady said Don't deposit that check! She wants them to put the $ in an inherited IRA instead, to avoid taxes. I do NOT want to give them back the big check. SIGH. Waiting for her to look into stuff and get back to me. (And of course, all the looking into she is doing will be billable hours - plus she wants to consult the FL lawyer, who sent us a giant bill for doing next to nothing and I was really and now there will be more bills from him too).

Plus I wrote to the condo management people and I said do NOT take any more automatic payments for Dad's condo (because at the time, we thought it was sold) and then when the deal fell through, I sent them a check for the April payment - and they took out an automatic payment too! So another double payment! I was soooo furious when I found that out.. Still have to sort that out but I was so mad, I'm still not sure I can call and talk to them without yelling yet.

All this stress has put my BP up, plus I've had a really fast pulse for awhile, so MD gave me a new pill, which helped the fast pulse, and made me feel terrific - but made my BP go UP instead of down! So when I told her/saw her today, did she take me off the new pill? No, of course not, she added a third pill instead.

Most states have an agency that helps seniors figure out the Medicare stuff. My doctor group has a person who helps with that too. We have all our stuff in place, although I'm not sure I got the right Part D drug plan, because so far, the meds aren't that cheap/cost more than I was paying before, anyway. Oh well.. Will figure it out.

And we just got a new dryer to replace the one that stopped drying - they took the old one away, installed the new one, we did laundry, put them in the new dryer - it doesn't run. At all. Doesn't turn out. Mr ML investigated and turns out the fuse was fried. Which means the old dryer was probably fine too (it turned, but didn't heat up), and we bought a new dryer we didn't even need.

And a big piece of flashing blew off our roof and somebody is coming to fix the roof on Monday.. It truly is ALWAYS SOMETHING!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan