View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 06:24 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Part 2

- I have to admit… Narcisse is good. The picnic in the woods. The declaration of love. His astute understanding that an affair will never be enough for Lola. Offering her marriage and the hope of a real family. His arguments would be hard for any girl to resist. “I want you forever.” Sounds beautiful.
- Ahh the beginning of Cleith. You gotta respect Leith standing up to her and refusing to cater to her every whim. Granted… he’s only brave because Catherine is in prison.
- Poor Catherine learning that her eldest son is dying. Literally the only situation in which she is powerless. So desperate to make Francis see that she has always loved him and protected him. Mary too.
- “She's shown me more love than anyone in this family ever could. True love, without condition.” Oy, this was hard to swallow so soon after the Conde affair. As much as I respect Mary’s love for Francis, it was not always unconditional.
- Elizabeth’s scheme to use her friend to get out of “the Medici issue.” Cold.
- Oh, now Elizabeth and Dudley are role-playing – prisoner and warden. Kinky. Liz will do whatever it takes to keep her man in England.
- Oh, William. You’re so tiresome. Blah blah blah end your affair with a married man. Blah blah blah find a husband. I understand that Elizabeth feels trapped, but it’s hard to feel sorry for her at this point…
- I really don’t understand why Charles was so mean to Claude when she came to him. He of all people should understand wanting the freedom to marry whomever you choose. Even if he isn’t able to give that gift to Claude, he should WANT to give it to her. He should want his sister to be happy. I guess he’s just lashing out – trying to make those around him as scared and miserable as he is.
- It was so sweet how easily Catherine convinced Charles that she loves him and that he wants her by his side as regent after Francis dies. It was the truth, but it hurts that she was using and manipulating him at the same time.
- Bash and Leith! I love this duo. UGH, Delphine. Why are they still talking about you? I guess we know now that she was telling the truth, though. She wasn’t the killer…
- Catherine ordering the assassination of the Bourbon line – the murder of children. I get that she is protecting her own family, but… so brutal. Such a rude awakening for Charles.
- Mary warning Lola against Narcisse. Geez, literally EVERYONE is trying to talk some sense into the girl.
- Mary telling Lola that Francis is dying. She is right… Francis had protected them all for so long, and it will be a different world without him. Time to start making wise choices…