View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 AM
The Crow
Elite Fan

Hmm...I seem to be the only person on this entire thread that cares even a little about Jake. That's okay. I don't care if I'm alone in my Nina/Jake love. Sometimes you have to go against the grain. I realize that he is pretty much seen as a placeholder until the Nina/Andy relationship boils over, but I'm holding out hope that something with a little more substance happens. I personally find his story kind of interesting. I've always thought Andy needed to expand beyond his current Harold/Nina circle and include some more friends, so I'm glad to see him being Jake's foil. It looks like it may continue if the implication of the addiction group storyline holds.

As for Hannah/Amy...I don't know where to start. Maybe Amy is acting more like herself this season, but I see her as being a self-absorbed little b*tch. Hannah can't accept differences? What about Amy? Any time she finds out someone sports an opinion different than hers (or the one her super-great new teacher put in her head), then she first attacks that person, then immediately fall back on "let's not talk about it because we'll only fight" whenever that person tries to fire back. She did it with Harold when he spoke against abortion, and she's done it with Hannah for the same thing. It's like it is fine for Amy to jump someone for having a different opinion, but god forbid someone speak out against Amy. Her opinion is obviously the one that is right, and no one else should even consider disagreeing.

Amy was also in the wrong when she brought her college friends to dinner. She set the date up under the guise of her and Hannah working on their friendship, then she springs two of her other friends on Hannah without even consulting her. It gives me the impression that she feels like she wants to keep Hannah as a friend, but she's almost too scared to be alone with her anymore because there is nothing she is comfortable talking about.

Hannah was a little passive agressive when she went to Bright, but that is totally in character. I found it more annoying that Amy responded to the revelation that Hannah told Bright how much she didn't like their dinner by immediately tossing out something to throw a wrench in Hannah and Bright's relationship. Sure Hannah needs to actually grow a bit of a spine and tell her boyfriend she hates going to those parties, but Amy didn't tell Bright out of any concern for Hannah. In my opinion she did it out of spite.

Now I do think that Hannah does have a bit of a fixation with Ephram/Amy, but MAKRO did make a good point: Amy basically told Ephram that she wanted to get back together with him, just at some arbitrary point in the future after she's had her 'Europe'. I'm all for the characters growing and experiencing things on their own, but she shouldn't ask the man who just declared his love for her to basically sit by the phone and wait for her to call...and Hannah called her on that. And what did Amy do? She lashed out, then backed off and said the usual "Let's not talk about it" routine. God. And to think that Amy used to be one of my favorite characters.

I agree totally about Reid though. Why am I supposed to care that he is flunking, and a cheater?

P.S. I found Amy's bellydancing friend to be annoying as well. I've found her annoying since day one.