View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 AM
scorpio_chick
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas 35 (View Post)
I do not know why you think Rumple cares about Henry. So many times he tried to kill him and his family. Rumple betrayed the characters at least once a season, at the end of last season he had betrayed the characters, he only became a hero because the black fairy betrayed him first
If this is a response to my post, then you should read it again. I didn't say Rumple cared about Henry. That's the problem... he doesn't! Lol Hence, why Rumple threatening Facilier fell flat for me. Given history, Rumple *should* care. The writers sold a story of him loving yet abandoning his son. That relationship was about redemption for Rumple, having another chance to get it right. Yet when Neal dies, the writers completely drop the ball on the one connection Rumple still has to him. If the argument is that Rumple only loved or cared about Neal then that sabotages the idea that the love was ever genuine in the first place or that he even knows how to love. How could you love your son but not the one piece of him that remains? Bottom line is that this is more bad stoytelling and wasted potential on a show that has been riddled with these problems. Yeah, I think this season is better than the last one I watched but on this issue, the writers continue to show their shortcomings.