View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 09:05 PM
kaleidocat
Elite Fan

Quote:
BT: How do you balance going from your earlier work to a role like this one?

SW: One thing for which I have to thank this industry is helping me mature. It’s like going from Disney to HBO. Working with the crew, they were always adults, no matter what show I was on. I was forced to grow up quickly. A lot of people wouldn’t like that, but I did. I feel like it helped me and made me smarter. I feel like it’s given me a newfound confidence and that will help me a lot in this business.

BT: Taking on a role like you did on The Good Doctor, wouldn’t be the easiest if you didn’t have that maturity?

SW: Exactly! I felt like if I had confidence, it would be really hard to walk on to that set and do what I did, because it was really awkward. But it was also really fun and everyone was so nice, so…

BT: And now you’re writing your own roles, correct?

SW: I am in screenwriting! I’m in second year. Yes, this film has changed my perspective. First of all, I’ve never had a real tangible female role model when it comes to screenwriting, so to have Molly around was so important, because it gave me confidence and hope. The films that I’ve already wanted to write are the character-driven films, the ones that explore human relationships, because there’s really nothing more beautiful than human relationships and the natural narrative of life. So to have Molly bring this story to life and let me in on how important it was to how the different characters weave into one another, it was just eye-opening, and gave me incredible information on how to structure my scripts in the future, so I’m very thankful for that.
Brief Take: Interview: Mary Goes Round’s Sara Waisglass