View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 06:57 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Thanks, sum1. I did have a good night's sleep and then I had breakfast. It's warm today, but cloudy and it's gonna rain this week.

Yeah, I know all that, sum1. I only meant that Luke's solo comic didn't last very long and the Power Man and Iron Fist comic lasted much longer, across the 70's and 80's until it was cancelled at the end of the 80's. Then they brought it back either in the late 90's or early 2000's. But by then the comics made them look like cartoon characters instead of the superheroes they were in the original. I also didn't like Marvel changing Luke from looking like Richard Roundtree in Shaft to Tupac Shakur with the shaved head and the gold chains. Was that their attempt at being cool and gangsta? It just seemed like a stereotype.

I just think that it's not necessary to break the two up, that's all. And there was never a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones comic as far as I know.

OMG, I just realized we don't have a three word post thread. Do you want one?
The Luke Cage solo comic lasted for over five years before Luke met Iron Fist. The Power Man and Iron Fist comic lasted a bit less than 6 years and ended in 1986. There was an intermediate period of about 3 years in which Luke and Iron Fist teamed up on Luke's comic (1977-1980). The Luke Cage solo comic came back in the early '90s. The Luke Cage/Iron Fist team up in the late '90s lasted less than two years. And this century, Luke has had plenty of time in comics without Iron Fist. So you can see there's plenty of reason to break the two up. Lots of precedent. Luke has a separate identity and they wanted to focus on Harlem and Luke's interaction with the people there.

Iron Fist is a lame character anyway, even in the comics.

I don't see the need for a three word thread.