View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 03:58 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Nina! OMG, will someone tell Spring to arrive already? I hate this chilly weather. I need warmth and I need April here now.

Well, even if Mia has been bumped up to a main cast member, that's still no guarantee that Simon will stay with her. I still think they're an uninteresting couple, and fans of the books are gonna want Simon and Izzy together just like Jace and Clary. I know I'll probably have to wait a while, but I'm willing to see where this season goes. And I know what you mean about Simon, but again, I think that stuff gets muted when he's with Izzy. Simon was at his most annoying when he was with Clary. But I do think that movie Simon and Clary actually had more chemistry with each other.

Well, I agree with you about the stand alone episodes, Nina. I think that CC pretty much gave up on the alien colonization plotline, although I'd like to know what happened and who won the civil war between the short grey aliens and the taller, shape shifting bounty hunter grey aliens. I'm assuming that the little Greys lost and that's why the colonization of Earth was abandoned. But now Cigarette Man and what's left of his accomplices are trying to finish what the Greys began, by bringing about an extinction level event to start human civilization all over again, only in their image. I get that... it's very Dr. Evil and that stuff, and more like a comic book villain thing which is driven by ideology. So at least the convoluted alien plotline has been ended because I don't think it really has much relevance post-9/11. There's a lack of urgency with that plotline these days.

I do like the stand alone episodes, or what I like to call the "Kolchack" episodes. They were usually the best episodes of the original series as well, so I still think that The X-Files can continue if Gillian ever changes her mind. But I wouldn't want it to go on without her, and I don't think David or Chris would either. And if we didn't see much of William again, I wouldn't mind because he's not Mulder's son after all. I'd much prefer to see what happens with Mulder and Scully's actual child. And Skinner's alive? How the hell did he survive that? And while I think the thing with Reyes sucks, I was never that much invested in her character or Doggett anyway.

Oh, Scandal just seemed stupid from the get go. Those shows just seem like present day versions of Dallas or Dynasty, but lacking the panache.