View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 AM
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆
Fan Forum Star

Erin, being controlling is a part of my personality. It isn't entirely my fault considering how I was brought up.

Quote:
Oh wow, Mary I mean that sucks that you don't like the thought of your roommate going to Wal- I mean Hell-Mart but I just gotta be honest, you definitely should cut him a break. People are going to shop there regardless (and yes, I am among those who do still shop there but I'll be honest I haven't been in quite some time.)
I am beyond cutting him some slack because he shouldn't be a jerk to the guy of the household's girlfriend. Him keeping on nagging me to do the dishes all the time when he hardly does the amount that I do to the housework. Also, if you pay into mortgages, irrigation, or the HOA, and one of your roommmates don't follow your rules, you have the right to kick them out. If a roommate doesn't like the rules, then they should move out. It is my rule to not shop at HellMart, not steal, break in, have questionable people over for the night, drugs, treat me or my boyfriend like crap, help me with the house the way I want the person to, and not have loud music on when I'm asleep. So your remark saying that people are going to shop there regardless is pretty much useless to this point. People have rules that people need to follow, so you are saying you would move into my house and disregard my rules(making me feel/thing less of you).

Quote:
I am more of a Target girl but my mom? She actually doesn't like Target, and my older sister used to go shopping at stores I loathed back in the day, but I never would hold it against her when she would go! I would just get annoyed if I had to go inside too because that meant I was being subjected to it you know what I'm saying?
One of these days I'm going to have a long talk to my family about this because they would be shopping at a store that drove me off of the wall. If you are more of a Target girl, you should stick to Target.

Quote:
I don't know anything about this roommate of yours, but I hope him shopping at a store you hate isn't the reason you're giving him the boot because I mean...you're controlling another human being that doesn't have to hate what you hate and love what you love. Imagine if your boyfriend decided he didn't want you shopping at Victoria's Secret or a favorite store of yours? That would send up serious red flags. I hope you get where I'm coming from
I never complain about the stuff I get from Victoria's Secret because the quality is good and I enjoy the stuff I get from the store, this roommate, however, complains about **** he gets from HellMart and still continues to shop there. He doesn't make sense, and I'm thinking that he lacks common sense.

Quote:
As for the cleaning situation, I know from our conversations on FB that it is an ongoing issue with you and your boyfriend. It really sucks when you feel like you're doing most or all of the cleaning up and I'm sorry to hear that you've been given a rough time. I've had serious relationships, but I've never lived with anyone so I can't speak to that but I would say that if I were you.
Uhm, as I've said before, when you are renting a room somewhere, there are some rules that you need to follow, or you could get evicted. I want someone who has OCD to help me in ways that are to my standards. Also, if a roommate would threaten to throw away my dishes, I would get pissed and kick them out. My sister wanted me held to her standard of cleaning when I lived with her.

Quote:
I would try to get together with your boyfriend and discuss a solution and both of you need to meet each other in the middle on this. If you go in and start nagging at him saying it has to be cleaned to your exact standards, etc, then your boyfriend will probably either tune you out or feel unheard. Usually in any agreements in life, both parties are a little unhappy and I think that's just life. I feel like I've told you this a thousand times and I don't mean to annoy you, but I think you and your boyfriend are very lucky to have the problems that you are having, because my last relationship ended in terrible infidelity and I just don't want to see you lose your guy over cleaning when there are so many women out there in constant worry about their partners cheating on them. And relationships who are having children, but can't agree on what religion to raise them into, etc.
I am a little unhappy with my BF because I have the maximum of 3 months to look for a job to help pay with some things, so he can kick his roommate out. So, I'm desperate to look for a job now that has a high pay from $12.00(the least) - $18.00(the maximum). But then I asked my BF if I can just pay him what he needs on my 2nd paycheck considering that my second paychecks are going to go to him. By this I'm not doing the dishes at all when the roommate is here.

Quote:
I think you may also just need to get some girlfriends or hang out with family to get you out of the whole insanity of the cleaning. Sometimes it's ok to just take a step back and be like "Ok, he's not cleaning this or that. I'm just gonna get out of the house and go shopping" and just get out of your own head and cool down. Give yourself a day of you, go to the spa, do something relaxing for you. Don't let him stress you out love!
I've done this already.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 03-24-2018 at 12:10 PM