View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 01:35 AM
Erinღ
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No, he has a roommate who I don't call my roommate now. He complains about Hellmart, says he isn't going buy anything from there except to go to the pharmacy, yet shops there. I don't want to him to shop there. My boyfriend and I discussed once I get a job and make enough money to pay the rent and half of the mortgage, that this man is going to go.
Oh wow, Mary I mean that sucks that you don't like the thought of your roommate going to Wal- I mean Hell-Mart but I just gotta be honest, you definitely should cut him a break. People are going to shop there regardless (and yes, I am among those who do still shop there but I'll be honest I haven't been in quite some time.)

I am more of a Target girl but my mom? She actually doesn't like Target, and my older sister used to go shopping at stores I loathed back in the day, but I never would hold it against her when she would go! I would just get annoyed if I had to go inside too because that meant I was being subjected to it you know what I'm saying?

I don't know anything about this roommate of yours, but I hope him shopping at a store you hate isn't the reason you're giving him the boot because I mean...you're controlling another human being that doesn't have to hate what you hate and love what you love. Imagine if your boyfriend decided he didn't want you shopping at Victoria's Secret or a favorite store of yours? That would send up serious red flags. I hope you get where I'm coming from

As for the cleaning situation, I know from our conversations on FB that it is an ongoing issue with you and your boyfriend. It really sucks when you feel like you're doing most or all of the cleaning up and I'm sorry to hear that you've been given a rough time. I've had serious relationships, but I've never lived with anyone so I can't speak to that but I would say that if I were you,

I would try to get together with your boyfriend and discuss a solution and both of you need to meet each other in the middle on this. If you go in and start nagging at him saying it has to be cleaned to your exact standards, etc, then your boyfriend will probably either tune you out or feel unheard. Usually in any agreements in life, both parties are a little unhappy and I think that's just life. I feel like I've told you this a thousand times and I don't mean to annoy you, but I think you and your boyfriend are very lucky to have the problems that you are having, because my last relationship ended in terrible infidelity and I just don't want to see you lose your guy over cleaning when there are so many women out there in constant worry about their partners cheating on them. And relationships who are having children, but can't agree on what religion to raise them into, etc.

I think you may also just need to get some girlfriends or hang out with family to get you out of the whole insanity of the cleaning. Sometimes it's ok to just take a step back and be like "Ok, he's not cleaning this or that. I'm just gonna get out of the house and go shopping" and just get out of your own head and cool down. Give yourself a day of you, go to the spa, do something relaxing for you. Don't let him stress you out love!