View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 01:01 PM
SuitUp
Master Fan

That would make her own boss. Part of me loves it but also likes the hustle.

Exactly. They've interwoven so much of who Barry is as a person and hero in Iris. "My entire life has been marked by two things. The first one is change....I always had the other thing that my life was marked by, and that's you." For Barry to Barry, you have to have Iris. There's no way around it. It was in the premise of the show. His first appearance in Arrow the only tangible things we know about how his life was changed by a family tragedy and he's in love with someone (Iris). That's Barry. Change and constant. To never lose him in the former you need the latter to ground him. His lightning rod. I'm still shook that Helbing had him say it. I've been waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyO (View Post)
#RunIrisRun trended in the US and Iris trended Worldwide the day it aired!

What a great episode! I absolutely love how they integrated her love for journalism back into her life. It didn't feel forced, good writing. She's starting off with the blog and as Candice and Todd confirmed season 5 will be reporter Iris!

Ep 15 and 16 are the first two episodes that we know for sure AJK was not involved in. Notice how the storylines for both episodes were emotionally driven and focused on the leads. And we finally got to hear Iris POV! Yeah, I can't say it enough I'm very happy AJK is gone. I'm more than convinced it was his idea to push Ralph to front center while stripping away the essence/heart of the show. I hope Todd can fix the Ralph situation. The CW and/or Berlanti would have to give him clearance to get rid of Ralph next season.

Do you guys want to see Iris go back to working at CCPN, freelance work, or a tv news reporter? If they were smart they'd make Iris a tv news reporter, that will allow her to be in the action.

This is what I believe Todd will aim for next season.
I know right? The buzz online was amazing.

Totally agree. I loved it. She went back to beginning. It felt organic to me. To have her acknowledge it and have her passion reignited rather than pretend nothing was different. When she turned the screen and it was the blog... Seeing the last entry be in 2015 it felt like they'd (Todd) truly thought it through. It was honest. Rather than it being a job or "I'm headed to CCPN" throw away line. The fact they equated her destiny being a reporter with Barry being The Flash is a good sign.

I'm trusting Todd. I know he promised IW fans Iris reporting then it didn't happen. It can't be a coincidence the moment AJK leaves Todd follows through.

If she were to be a TV reporter I'd want for it to be like Trish Talk in Jessica Jones vibes. It would give her a reason to be on the crime scenes and in the action. Being journalist at CCPN has the potential for the same. Pulling a Karen Page in Daredevil, questioning people (which sometimes they leave to Joe and Barry so we'll see) and having a narration/actual article at the end for her efforts.

I feel like when AJK "attempted" Iris' journalism it was so unrelated (arms dealers, pensions). It didn't/doesn't work. It NEEDS to be on the metas of the week and the big bad. It has to be about what it was in Season 1. A voice for the city.

Do the right thing Todd. Get rid of Ralph and bring back Linda.

Thanks for all the articles!
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.