View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:51 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Linda! Don't worry, you're not rushing me.

You really think so? I kinda wish VC Andrews had stopped with If There Be Thorns. But I get what you're saying about Bart. I just wish that Bart had his revelation before Chris died so that he could've said all the things to Chris that he ended up saying about him at the funeral. Bart in the novels was so hurt after Chris died that he kept doing things to live up to Chris' memory, and Cathy constantly had to reassure Bart that Chris would've been very proud of him. That's the part that really got me as much as Cathy losing Chris... Bart never getting the chance to tell Chris that he did see him as his father.

I actually wished that they'd have shown Chris coming back to her when she died and taking her to that place where the purple grass grows. I read the books, so there was a lot more detail than in the TV movies.

Oh, I agree, Linda. I'm sure that fans would've been outraged if Showtime had allowed Jordan to put that Apocalypse stuff on TV. It was clear from the advertising for season 3 that the network knew how popular Cesare and Lucrezia had become, and perhaps Jordan resented that, I don't know. Mario Puzo's storyline from his novel would've been interesting to work into season 4, if possible. I didn't read it, but I read excerpts and I know the general story. I also would've liked to see an ending similar to the old BBC version I mentioned. I didn't like the BBC series at all, but I did like seeing Lucrezia reading Cesare's final letter to her and to her children while Cesare lay dying on a battlefield with his last thoughts of Lucrezia and their life together. The Borgias could've had a montage of scenes with Francois and Holly as Cesare slowly died and had Lucrezia instinctively knowing the moment he died while she was in Ferrara.