View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Litlover73
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I just realized all those gifs are showing their hands on the other's face.
Yep, that was the theme of the gif .

Now back to that Lit list. These are my particular favourite points.

49. People (meaning Lorelai, Luke, Lane) were never hesitant about mentioning Dean to her after they had broken up (for real, not the whole ugly S1 thing). Same with Logan. They were okay with bringing up their names a short while after the breakup. With Jess, however, Lorelai was scared to call him by name more than a year after they separated. And even at Lane's wedding, Jess' name still raises alarms. It's like they all subconsciously know that there's Something More with Jess than there was with any of the others!

53. Jess has class. Probably more class than both Dean and Logan combined. While Dean was perfectly happy to cheat on his wife, and Logan was more than willing to go sleep with someone the second he thought his relationship was over, Jess did the classy thing and, rather than making a move on Rory after the breakup with Dean, he went to settle things with a girl whose last name he didn't even know before doing something with the girl he was in love with. That's class! (For more examples of Jess being a seriously classy guy, PM me, I've got tons)

75. In Rory's own words: "You just have to let it happen. And then- probably when you're not looking- you'll find someone who complements you. Someone who likes what you like. Someone who reads the same books or listens to the same music or likes to trash the same movies. Someone compatible. But not so compatible that they're boring... You respect each other's opinions and you can laugh at the same jokes but, I don't know, there's just something about not quite knowing what the other person's going to do at all times that's just really... exciting." This is a perfect description of a healthy relationship... and she was talking about Jess at the time.