View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 10:19 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondluverbrotha (View Post)
I just finished the show. I really liked it but as a reproductive biologist/scientist who has worked for years in infertility, I do have issues about how the story handles the lack of fertile women. Really holding the few women that are fertile as basically sexual slaves is really not an effective way to boost the population. I understand the story is not really about that but it feels so counterproductive to me- they don't even check the fertility of the men that are trying to get these women pregnant and they only have sex with them one day a month without checking for ovulation? The world is doomed.
That's kind of why I like the show, how there is a world where there are very little fertile women and they rely on handmaids to give birth. It's very horrendous and surreal to think about a scenario like this. They are basically sex slaves. This show is the worst case scenario about what happens when women are stripped off their rights & freedom and are controlled by commanders. It's such an empowering show for me that all I want in the end is for all of these women to succeed. There has to be a light in the end of the tunnel eventually.

New trailer!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.