View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:12 AM
lessismore
Fan Forum Hero

Hilal ♥ Leon {Wounded Love} #1 - Love? Yes, love. A heart without love is like a barren land, nothing would grow there.

1;

#HiLeon

H i l a l L e o n

appreciation thread

Hilal: Love?
Leon: Yes, love. A heart without love is a barren land, nothing grows there.
If a person doesn't know how to love a human how can he/she know how to love a homeland?

x

x

❁❁❁
Wounded Love (original name “Vatanım Sensin”, which can be translated as “You Are My Country”) is a Turkish TV period drama based on historical events and characters during the time of the occupation of İzmir (ancient name Smyrna) by the Greek forces, in the 1920s and Turkish War of Independence. Series begins with Balkan War in 1912, and then the death of Hasan Tahsin (named as Hasan Basri in the series) who have been the first to open fire on the Greek forces that occupied İzmir on May 15, 1919 and tells the later events that led to Turkish War of Independence.

The series revolves around the main character Cevdet (Halit Ergenç), an Ottoman soldier and a patriot, and his family; while focusing on war, patriotism, greed, treason, sacrifice, humanity and of course great love of Cevdet and his wife Azize (Bergüzar Korel Ergenç).

However, quickly another great love story took the very attention of the audience even before it started or wasn’t even in the words; which is Hilal (Miray Daner) & Leon (Boran Kuzum), namely HiLeon. The couple and their fandom became even wider and international as the series started to air in over 50 countries.

Lastly, Hilal and Leon have become the first and only Turkish TV couple to be nominated for eonline’s traditional TOP TV Couple poll and won!
❁❁❁

Detailed flood about TOP TV Couple win and HiLeon!

Analysis of the TOP TV Couple 2018 and HiLeon win

Leon: When I think of you, the boundaries, the colors of the people, the colors of the flags disappear.
I disappear as I think of you.

"Those who fall in pessimism can't find the chance to think the solution."
- T.Fikret
❁❁❁

Hilal, is the youngest daughter of Cevdet and Azize, and grows up as a passionate young lady and a patriot just as like her father, also with a great ability to rally the crowds with her articles, using the name Halit İkbal as her alter ego. She is a strong, brave and outspoken character, warrior against injustice that's happening in her country.

Leon, is a Greek Lieutenant and the son of Greek Commander Vasili, whom at first seems snappish. He is well educated (aside being a soldier, literature & musics), humanist and a romantic. He becomes a soldier to influence his father but he starts to get to know himself better with meeting Hilal, and his conscience stops being silent, starts to fight for peace. He also writes, using alter ego Andreas Akis.

At first, HiLeon is a story of two enemies with different backgrounds (nationality, religion, language, ideas, etc) first becoming partners in crime then falling in love despite all the impossibilities. But they also show more layers each episode and show that they are just two children of war and holding onto each other in those difficult conditions of cruelty, showing that there is always hope. Their relationship evolves slowly in the first season and captivates the audience with the non- stereotypical characterization, the literal and philosophical profundity of their characters, their palpable passion, their connection to each other with invisible ropes and explored similarities, as well as the talent and the amazing chemistry between the actors, Miray and Boran.
❁❁❁
thevids;

thereunion;

Hilal: I couldn't breathe for months.
Leon: I've always lived with the dream of this very moment.

x

theshippers;
01. lessismore
02.oodrishsho

pastthreads;

Last edited by lessismore; 04-07-2018 at 05:36 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote