View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 04:55 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
J types could seem indecisive or flaky too, but there is difference. If I am flaky I hate it. I always feel that I need to be more and more organized. P types feel that too much organization is stressful. And by too much they include stuff like being on time. Though my best friend's flakiness is not that pronounced. He is always on time (because he knows that I hate to wait) and he would never go to a trip that is unplanned with me (because he knows that I do not work that way). But then again I also not to ask him to plan it the way I want it to planned. For him the planning we do is enough, for me this is just a rough idea on what we will do and I refine it million times in my head additionally . On top of that during said trip I check if we are following the plan or leave behind . I do it naturally and I can't help it.

Exactly!

This is Extroverted Intuition for you. This is what I meant when I said that people might suggest that we need Ne users for balance, but they make me go insane for long periods of time . This guy that M is close to at work is like that and I just know that I would be completely drained if I follow his train of thought for like 2-3 hours straight.

My best friend is not that extreme. I think that thanks to me he had developed his last function (Extroverted Thinking) because he is not like that. He does not jump that much from topic to topic, but his humor is like that and he is definitely better in brainstorming and coming up with all sort of ideas. He is sometimes too much in Introverted Feeling so he focuses on some emotion or something that happened and could obsess and obsess over it. Like we have work issues in the same time. My issue is discussed 5 minutes, his - 2 hours. Makes me go insane sometimes .

He is more organized than that dude though but that is mostly thanks also to his education and work. He works in software company too and he has leading/coordinating role of a team of 5 people so he can't be too random you know.

He is definitely better at improvising. He does not have the social anxiety I have of meetings, presentations and all that because he could wing it. I stress so much about it and always feel unprepared. He always feels fine .
Really interesting stuff. Do you think your best friend is not always on time for other things? Like if he makes plans with someone else or goes on vacations with others will he be more likely to want to wing it and not care about time and planning? Or maybe you've rubbed off on him and he's better about these things in general?

Extroverted Intuition is a fun process but being around it too much (without having it) could make heads spin, lol. I am actually impressed with the process.

LOL Your differences in work topics and discussions and how much longer it takes for him.

Education would definitely play a role.

I am not great at improvising and I absolutely have social anxiety, especially with presentations! Why are they so good at not having social anxiety regarding presentations? The Extroverted Intuition? As a rule, would you say INFPs are not shy?