View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 05:22 AM
Seamstress90
Elite Fan

Exactly - And great gifset Poor Spinner!Rumple though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
This is why I ended my last post with “different strokes for different folks”, because clearly we don’t see eye to eye on this.

I don’t know exactly how old Cinderella was, but for ME - and I'm not speaking for anyone else - she was “old enough”. She was probably about 20 years old - at least - and of marrying age. I don’t see her as a child or a teenager, but as a young woman. I have no problem if anyone disagrees with that, but this is how I see it.
She was 19 when she had her baby (That's what she told Emma). So she couldn't have been older than 18 when she made the deal with Rumple. Possibly even younger. And she had been abused for years by her adoptive family.

In fact, if you read the whole script, it's made very clear that she was in her late teens when she had Alexandra.

Quote:
I’m re-reading the transcript now, and Rumple did not force the contract on Cinderella; in fact, he advised her to go back to her life - and change it. He told her all magic comes with a price and that she can't handle the wand, it's evil. He may have been manipulating her, but she had free will - she wanted magic to get her out of her circumstances instead of working for it.
He was pretending to be a friend so she'd trust him (she didn't know who Rumple was). It's all part of his manipulation - And it clearly works And Cinderella might have had a free will, but she didn't have a life to go back to - only abuse. Why would she choose to go back to that when she had a chance to get an actual, better life and freedom right there? And Rumple purposely made it look like he only wanted gold or diamonds in return. Honestly, I would've made the same choice.

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 02-20-2018 at 11:32 AM