View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:35 AM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a happy Valentine's Day!

Please forgive me for not being here yesterday. I was so exhausted and in a lot of pain after work that I just crashed and slept all afternoon and night.

Hi, Arinna! I hope you're feeling better as well! And why are you lurking on your own board?

Hi, Nina! I think Arinna had already gone to bed around the time you posted.

Oh, so Maggie is a junior? So I guess she's gonna be in her final season next year, so they may decide to start grooming her replacement?

Yeah, the Dutch kicked our asses in speed skating four years ago in Sochi, and it looks like they're gonna repeat again this year. And our Women's Ice Hockey team lost to fing Canada again, just like last year. I just hope they can get back to winning so they can make it to the finals and the medal rounds. I'm actually rooting for team Norway to do well in Men's Ice Hockey because Norway is often overshadowed by their Scandinavian neighbors, Sweden and Finland, in ice hockey. But Norway just lost to Sweden, so I guess that's a long shot. But Norway overall is still way ahead in the overall medal count at 17. Germany is right behind them at 15, Canada has 13, and The Netherlands has 12. USA only has 8 so we've got a lot of ground to make up. Japan is doing well with 7 medals overall, though none of them are gold. What's really shocking is how poorly Russia is doing, with only 5 medals, none of them gold. One silver and four bronze.

We seem to do a lot better in the Summer Olympics. We do have 5 gold medals, though, which ties us with The Netherlands for third place in the gold medal count. Norway as 6 and Germany is in front with 9.

Shaun White won a gold medal in snowboarding, but his sexual harassment situation is tainting his Olympics this year. And an Austrian snowboarder broke a vertebrae in his neck during competition and is being taken back to Austria for treatment. He's not paralyzed or anything, but that's still scary.

Oh, so it's still possible for a married woman to have a crush? Nice.

Are the Lodges Hispanic on the show, or of Spanish ancestry? I don't know if they ever specified. Hiram could be a descendant of the Conquistadors for all we know. It would make sense, given his temperament and power-greed. But I suppose you're right regarding the way Hiram sees Hermione and her place in the Lodge structure. And I still think that Hermione is looking out for Veronica, hence her testing of Archie, but I do agree that she's also looking to strengthen her own standing in the family, perhaps becoming the new Don, so to speak. But if it came down to a choice between Veronica and Hiram, I think Hermione would throw Hiram under the bus... but only after she had made sure that she had taken over completely.

So what, you think Hal dyes his hair blonde? Perhaps Mary is a Blossom and that's why Archie has red hair?

Oh? I never watched Witches of East End, so I wasn't sure. I thought it looked fascinating, but then so did Salem. Did you ever watch that one? I also loved the Coven season of American Horror Story.

So you don't think Keller is the Black Hood? Well, we'll have to wait and see, I guess. And it's cool that the Lodges used his relationship with Josie's mom against the mayor. You play, you pay, I guess. And I hope that Fred isn't too naïve, because that would make his character especially weak in terms of writing, or perhaps the writers just aren't that interested in Fred the way they are with Archie. Archie seems to be James Dean to Jughead's Marlon Brando.

I agree with you that the insurance system is broken here, Nina. I would hope that they could do something to fix it, but I don't know enough about how it works to point out exactly what needs to be done.