View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Betsybelle
Master Fan

Ah, what a beautiful GIF set... God, a WHOLE day of looking at Rumbelle kisses - I'm in heaven!

There are too many kisses in this particular link for me to post (well, I admit I'm too lazy to do all of these - I'm exhausted), but please click to see awesome, beautiful Rumbelle kisses. Below is the OP's commentary, which....just YES.

Quote:
LOOK AT THESE TWO. They don’t just kiss. It’s not a pleasant but quick meeting of lips. This is trashy romance novel, fanfic, tongues fighting for dominance, face sucking AWESOMENESS. They don’t just kiss. There is passion and devotion and dancing, smiles and hands and that soul deep desire that comes with the truest love. They touch, they devour, they wrap themselves in each other in a way that says I’m never letting go of you (even when I physically have to). These are kisses that stay with you and haunt your dreams. These are kisses you try to recreate when you write, that you gif again and again, kisses that are gifts from above, from two amazingly talented actors who love and trust each other enough to go to these deep, emotional places and give us the glory of the Rumbelle kiss.
https://rumple-belle.tumblr.com/post...ss-my-favorite

Here's another, with more emotional, beautiful commentary (this kiss is also one of my favorites)

https://theoneandonlylittlebird.tumb...orite-rumbelle

Quote:
My Favorite Rumbelle Kiss-

I have been thinking about it all day, looking at everyone’s favorites and enjoying the heck out of it. It’s made today so much happier and brighter than it otherwise would have been for me. But what was my favorite kiss? Why?

It’s this one.

This is my favorite because unlike every other couple I’ve ever shipped, I feel certain that the two people who know these characters, this relationship, the best, love it as much as I do. RC and EdR proved here in this moment that they understand why Rumbelle is important and demonstrated that it is important to them professionally/personally. They understand the relationship, they understand what it means to the fans, and they are on board.

While I’m never comfortable making suppositions about other people’s feelings… I feel justified in saying that never for a moment was either of them phoning in this relationship. They embraced this work professionally and took on-screen chemistry to a level I’d never seen before. Their investment in these characters, and in Rumbelle, made this beautiful piece of art for us.

But for them too, I suspect. They’re actively making this art, and as they do, I bet it feeds them the way our art/writing feeds us.

I should never try to put words in their mouths, but I know from experience how hard acting is emotionally for the actor. So when they give us something this huge, I feel so certain that it comes from their hearts. That they believe that this work is worth doing, worth the struggle and pain they have likely experienced in bringing Rumbelle to us. We have only too look at Beauty to see how much they have bled emotionally bringing these characters to life. At least, that’s what I see when I look at those performances.

Knowing that this kiss was made by the two people doing it, the two people who lived all of Rumbelle’s experiences, makes this so incredibly special to me. And I am grateful for it.
My response:

This is so beautiful………….you expressed exactly how I feel, only much better.

I would add that Bobby and Emilie don’t just have unparalleled chemistry, they have a rare partnership and a deeply beautiful friendship that is apparent to everyone who sees them - on screen or in person. There is an immense amount of trust between them, and that trust allows them to go to the deepest, darkest places in their souls in order to portray their characters, these couples.

Bobby expressed this beautifully at the SB UK con this past summer. When he was asked about how hard it is to access his emotions as Rumple, he mentioned how Emilie makes it easier for him to do this, that she helps him go to those dark places……..I’m not conveying this as eloquently as he did, but you get my point. In Paris, he called her his buddy…..and his partner. His partner