View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:00 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Much joy in Philadelphia and PA in general. Joy is good. Mr ML, in his Boston accent, once referred to me as 'Mummer' and I got up and started dancing forward and backward, like they march - Cracked up the kids. I read about that quarterback, who hopes to become a pastor! Religious guy.

Speaking of kids, Mlette and her BF John are coming down here for 5 days to visit FL next month, before we head for home - probably the last chance to do that (and have a free condo to stay in, pool to soak in, plus free plane tickets, with the credits we had for the trip to see Dad that got cancelled when he passed away before we got here - sigh). Taking them up to see Harry Potter/Universal (it's ~3 hour drive away so we'll stay over) - hope it won't be a stupid idea/just for kids. Mr ML is already dubious whether it will be enjoyable, plus worried about all the germs (flu/norovirus) in crowds right now, and if it will be way too much walking/standing in lines for me - funny, worrying is usually my department! My son can't be too jealous, because he and his wife went to the Harry Potter thing when they were down here a few years ago.

Thanks keepsmilig, settling people's estates doesn't sound like a business I'd like to go into! I've lined up a couple of guys (the handyman here and his helper - guy who fixed Dad's wall after the plumber chopped it up) to replace the bathroom toilets (with new clean 'comfort height' ones) and replace the flooring in the bathdooms (it's carpeting now - barf). I went to see two flooring places for estimates but this plan makes the most sense. Also getting Stanley Steemer to clean the wall to wall carpeting (see barf above) and that's all I'm doing to this place before putting it up for sale. Whoever buys it will gut the kitchen and reno the bathrooms more anyway. But it will be presentable/sellable now. The heated pool outside the door is such a blessing. I'd be a lot achier from all our labors without it! We have been taking a dip pretty much every day, late in the day so I don't get burnt by the sun. We did something for Mr ML yesterday (he's been driving me places and helping me get stuff done without complaint) and went to a big nature reserve by the ocean, tidal flats with tons of birds (he's doing a birding list again this year - ). You drive through the place slowly (or some people bike) and park at the side and get out at different spots and look at things. Even riding in the car with AC, I still managed to get way too much noon day sun - burned me right through my shirt. Well, not burnt, but too much sun - luckily, I realized I was getting too much sun and beat a retreat to the shade. Silly as I had two umbrellas in the car, should have used one of those as a sun shade! But the pool is the best part of this place. The people are friendly too, but we don't golf, we don't drink, and this gated community feels a bit like minimum security prison living to me. Not for me!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan