View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Summer Falls
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I've previously discussed how the film should have cast an actor from Africa in the lead role. Now I've been very disappointed to read that (as I suspected) this movie wasn't even filmed in Africa. They make a film about Africa and they can't even give an African country the business? Or employ an African crew? Authenticity, please! Films filmed in Africa have a different feel to films filmed in other places. Every place has its ambience and Africa is no exception. It's in the quality of the light, the heartbeat of the land. Nothing can substitute for filming this in Africa.

I get that this movie is important, but not only is it less of a landmark than people claim (because it's NOT the first black superhero film), but it could have been so much more than it is. It could have been Hollywood's welcome to Africa, African actors, the African film industry. Spawn, in 1997, was the first major superhero movie about a black superhero (that I know of), but the Black Panther is the first one about an AFRICAN superhero. It's a pity they couldn't have made the most of that and made it more authentically African.
See i do get that i wish we had more of the cast from Africa but shooting there not sure how safe it woulf be for it .. but i get it

Here's a cute video of the cast